Jan 27, 2013

10 min Value Landscapes


Like the Value Landscapes posted earlier this month, this lesson was inspired by Miriam at Arteascuola. However, these were "painted" with pixels on the computer rather than regular paintbrushes. Each year 4 student completed their own landscape in less than 10 minutes but still had valuable experience with using tone to create depth within a two dimensional artwork. 

After we observed and discussed the scenes created by Miriam's students the children took turns at making their own value landscape on the two available classroom computers while the rest of the class continued on with their set work. It was quick and easy but also meaningful for the children. 

16 comments:

  1. Love it! Are these done with a simple Paint program?

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow! I’m speechless!! These are fabulous, all together they are so effective!
    I love them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Miriam, yes I like the patchwork effect!

      Delete
  3. Hmmm I thought I left a comment. Maybe I didn't? Anyhow, I really like this. So simple! Are you using just a basic Paint program? Or something else? Curious...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes you did Phyl! I'm just a bit slow approving things at this end... And yes it's just the really basic stock standard paint program : )

      Delete
  4. THese are great! Love that they are all so different -- definitely a "no fail" project!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Christie : ) And yes it's a lesson I'll be keeping up my sleeve!

    ReplyDelete
  6. these are lovely-- and what a great way of making sure the kids understand the concept of value without all the time it takes to mix the paint! well done.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks : ) And yes it's nice to have some clean and dry lessons too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great lesson! I'm always looking for ways to bring technology and visual arts together, esp with the impending Australian Curriculum. Did you print them out to display in the classroom? They look wonderful all together in your picture.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amanda : ) Unfortunately no we didn't print them, I was just with that class for the one day and there was no colour printer available...

      Delete
  9. smart idea in a short amount of time ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this! Simple and awesome.

    ReplyDelete