Nov 20, 2014

5 Really Good Art Blogs


The internet's a big place. There's a lot to see and be inspired by (and a lot to run away from shielding your eyes!). Blogs specifically about art and education are no different, there is so much out there and so little time.

I imagine at least some of you are like me and keep returning to the same sources for inspiration, but sometimes I find it's good to find a fresh perspective. Below are five blogs that inspire me from around the world. There are a bunch more that inspire me, but keeping both our attention spans in mind... five is plenty for now! : )

I would love to hear about any art blogs you highly recommend - please comment away and share your personal favourites. Without further ado, and in no particular order, here are five really good art blogs:

Gretchen's Art Blog - Hailing from Wellington in New Zealand, Gretchen is prolific. Her lessons utilise a large variety of media and there is so much to soak in. See for yourself!

Creativity First - Gabriela's blog title perfectly surmises the strong philosophy that underpins her art lessons. Creativity is a precious commodity and too-often undervalued. Get a direct injection now!

Shine Brite Zamorano - Don highlights a lot of contemporary artists and succinctly teaches the real nuts and bolts of making art. I think I learn something new every time I visit his blog. Do yourself a favour!

A Faithful Attempt - "Miss" is another very experienced art teacher who also uses a lot of different media. The lessons are diverse and very clearly explained. Teach one this week!

Artescuola - Representing Europe and more specifically Italy, is Miriam and her eccellente blog! Featuring beautifully presented art from her middle school students, it's a feast of visual inspiration. Treat yourself!

10 comments:

  1. I like mine! :) Hahaha
    www.artwithmsgram.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So do I! I'm your newest follower, thanks for sharing : )

      Delete
  2. thanks for the shout out, joe:) I love what you're doing with your kiddos too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No worries Don - you deserve it! : )

      Delete
  3. I totally agree with your choices, and your blog, for awesome art inspiration. The only one I'm not too familliar with is Gretchen's so I'll be checking it out.

    Other than my own blog (www.artintertwine.blogspot.ca) I would recommend artisandesarts.blogspot.com as another Canadian art blog, although she hasn't posted for awhile.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Heather, Definitely check out Gretchen's!
    Aly's is great too, and Im just adding yours to my feed now!
    Thanks : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are a treasure. Thank you so much. I find your blog to be one of the stable ones that motivates. Many are beginning to add fancy links or a lot of stuff promoting themselves. I don't want to go for miles to be inspired.
    This is one I get goodies from http://paintedpaperintheartroom.blogspot.co.nz/ Fresh and bright.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gretchen. My blog's often so stable that it's almost stationary with the amount of posting I get around to! Yep, I've got Painted Paper in my feed as well : )

      Delete
  6. I like following your blog.
    If you like a linguistic challenge, you can take a look at my Danish blog www.FruBilledkunst.dk .... You can use the google translator if you need some hints ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks and yes translator will be very helpful : )

      Delete