Jun 14, 2014

My Favourite Artists


I currently have two favourite artists. One has just celebrated his first birthday and the other will be three next week. You should see the way they can smear their breakfast across themselves, the table, the floor and anything else close at hand. And with such flair! In an effort to keep some gender balance, my third favourite artist is Katherine. She is slightly more restrained and tends to favour more traditional mediums : )

I've been finding it hard to post here very often this year. Here are some of Sam's "en plein air" print paintings from a warm Saturday in Autumn. I will endeavour to post some more art from school soon.



17 comments:

  1. So sweet, Mr. Hall - happy Father's Day to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an adorable little painter and painting :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. well they share some of your talented genes!
      see you Saturday : )

      Delete
  3. I enjoy your posts whenever they come. Take your time. Enjoy your littler guys, they grow up too quick.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Gretchen : )
    I couldn't agree more - except to say that sometimes, just sometimes, it feels like they can't grow quick enough! ; )

    ReplyDelete
  5. I see that you are mentioned as being one of Arts Educations most influential 'Dudes'. I agree:) I love your blog and what you have to write. Your projects are inspiring. Thanks! http://www.theartofed.com/2014/06/23/the-most-influential-dudes-in-art-ed/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nic! They must have been scratching to include some international flavour to their list ; )

      Delete
  6. I am so happy when i look this kid, he is doing the painting pictures

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh, too cute for words!

    Don't rush the growing! My 'baby' is 25, and I swear, he looked like your Sam just last week.... it goes so fast.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Phil, time sure does fly - our second son Ben has just started walking : ) It feels like he only just arrived!

      Delete
  8. Thank you for making me smile. I should be thanking the artists too shouldn't I? love the vibrancy and color choices (and the fact you've probably whipped that art work away before it was totally filled with mushes of now brown paint).

    ReplyDelete
  9. Our pleasure : ) He often doesn't have the patience to sit and paint long enough for the uniform brown mush effect!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Adorable! It's better to start them young :-)

    ReplyDelete