Jun 17, 2012

City Perspectives


I can clearly recall a guided perspective lesson from when I was a year 6 student myself. While these days I usually prefer more abstract art, I remember how great it felt learning how to make a drawing more realistic. I think many children of this age enjoy that same feeling.


As a relief teacher the previous experience or disposition of a class towards a certain type of art, skill or medium is often unknown. Turns out this year 6 class really enjoyed making these single point perspectives, and kept up really well. After we completed the street and several buildings together the students were free to continue however they liked. Obviously the drawings were a work in progress when these photographs were taken and I'm sure they have gone on to be even more colourful and creative, or monochromatic and creative! 

 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment