Jun 3, 2012

By Way Of Introduction

Hi I'm Joe, also known as Mr Hall. Thanks for stopping by my blog. 

Currently I'm lucky enough to work as a relief teacher at a number of schools here on the Central Coast. I really enjoy the variety this entails. And I really, really like it when there's room in the day for some art! 

While I wouldn't call myself an artist per se, it is hands down my favourite subject at school. I loved it when I was a student at primary school, and now as a teacher I still look forward to art time the most. 

The majority of the ideas and lessons on the blog will be my own, as much as these things can be anyway. I'm not sure that there are too many 100% original ideas out there? Whenever I know I've been inspired by (or am copying!) a particular artist or teacher I'll endeavour to make this clear. 

The art featured belongs to the children, please add your comments and let them know how great it is! If you're a school student yourself, make sure you have your parent or guardian's permission to comment, and first names only please : ) 

take care all the best thank you come again soak it in have a great day - Mr Hall


11 comments:

  1. I like the crisp look of your blog. I see you're new. I will be sure to add you to my blog roll. Keep posting. We love new ideas and I love new blogs. I will also 'pin you' and get you on Pinterest.

    MiniMatisse.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much! Your own blog's overflowing with great ideas too. And thanks for the pinning : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just found your new blog through Mini Matisse. Looks good - congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Phyl, and congratulations on your retirement : )

      Delete
  4. Just found your blog by way of blog hopping! Welcome to the art education blogging world. So glad you are a part of it. BTW - I really love how your title is "Relief Teacher" instead of substitute teacher the way it is here in the USA. I might have to start using your title here and spur some much needed change.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Andrea :) I wish we had permanent art teachers like you have in the States! (we generally only have only have them in high schools or private schools..)

      Delete
  5. Just found your blog through Phyl's. Love your fresh ideas, and that you are Australian! I too am a relief teacher (in the Hunter Valley) and love to teach Art wherever possible. Can't say that I would be brave enough to do finger painting on the desks with Kindy though! Thanks for making the effort to post your ideas and lessons. I like how you photograph the whole class to give a clear idea on how successful the lesson really was. Keep up the great work, and you never know, an RFF art position may come up in your area.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amanda! Yes I've realised that an RFF Art position would be my dream teaching role. It's a shame that there are so few dedicated RFF art teachers in our primary schools. As you say though - you never know... Fingers crossed : )

      Delete
  6. Your art is so great. i have loved it. I am getting addicted to it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have been an art teacher for years, mostly working with adults and occasionally teens. This year, I find myself unexpectedly assigned to an elementary school and began the first semester feeling lost at sea.

    I want to thank you for the inspiration you've provided here. More than once, you've brought clarity and light to my lesson plans and joy to my students.

    Three cheers for Mr. Hall!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, I'm feeling warm and fuzzy now! Thanks for letting me know : )

      Delete